YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Evaluation Question 3


What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


If my media product were to be real I would use Bauer to publish my magazine. The reasons for choosing Bauer is that it is multinational company that operates in 15 countries worldwide and they are the largest privately owned publishers in Europe. Statistically speaking, Bauer circulates 38 million magazines a week worldwide. Because of their success I would want Bauer to distribute my media product. As well as this their affluence and recognition could help my product become more successful than I may have thought possible.
Bauer also uses cross-media platforms; an example of this is Kiss radio, which promotes bands that, Bauer, owns as well as advertising other products too. Bauer also has TV channels dedicated to music and uses the Internet as a way of allowing the reader to become more interactive. This supports my decision to allow Bauer to distribute my magazine.
There are other publication I could go with, such as IPC Media, Imagine Publishing and Warner’s Group Publications however Bauer has better known magazines than the other publications and
is more established.
A problem with using Bauer is that there aren’t as many Grunge magazines in publication and the only other similar one would be Kerrang! Which is also owned by Bauer, so there might be competition or Bauer might be reluctant to publish my magazine because of its similarities with Kerrang!.   


No comments:

Post a Comment