YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday 2 May 2013

Evaluation Question 4


Who would be the audience for your media product?

During the development of my media product my target audience was set to be between the ages of 18 and 25. The type of audience I wanted were people who enjoyed listening to grunge music or had nostalgia for classic 80’s grunge. In my mission statement I said:

“My target audience will be teenagers to early adults as this is a similar age range to common music magazines such as Kerrang! It will however appeal to an older generation of music lovers as well”

The key demographic for my music magazine was exclusively to appeal to males between the ages of 19 and 25, however after research and through a quantative and qualitative survey my views on the audience changed as the results showed that girls between the ages of 17 – 22 also liked grunge. Originally I had chosen males as my main audience as my perception of people who enjoyed grunge was only males however after I’d received my results I soon edited my media product to accommodate to my new audience.

Due to the age I had chosen my media product reflected on the attitudes and social conventions of the different social groups. My media product accommodated different needs normally found in a media product through its writing style, the music that was selected and the images chosen. Due to the ever growing social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
and influence of the internet, which my key demographic uses regularly, I chose to incorporate the sharing of information that is used on the internet and use it in my media project to share information about up and coming gigs.

I feel that my magazine is a representation of my target audience as the images portrayed in my magazine relate to the audience it’s supposed to target in terms of their posing and clothing brands. The brands of the clothes are items in which the audience is used to seeing and may wear it themselves so it gives them a sense of being similar to the musicians. An example of this is the lead singers shirt which is a "Hype" shirt, which is a well known brand associated with grunge music and alternative bands.
The models hair is similar to the audiences own preferences and style as it mimic’s other well known band members which they may listen to or admire.


The masthead “GRUNGE” used for my magazine stands out and relates to the audience who would read it and associate it with the music genre. The title is bold and different to other music magazines as it’s something that hasn’t been done before, so the audience would want to read it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment